MICL Scholarship Competition
City University London in collaboration with Wired Magazine is offering a full scholarship for the Masters in Innovation, Creativity and Leadership (the MICL) - worth £15,000 to UK/EU winners (£20,000 to other international students) - to the winner of the "Healthy Mind, Healthy Community" competition.
Thinking of entering the competition to win a MICL scholarship? Here's what you need to know:
One free scholarship place on the MICL course starting September 2012. This is worth £15,000 to UK/EU winners, £20,000 to other international students. This covers tuition fees only, not subsistence, living arrangements or travel costs.
In addition, winners will have the option to pursue their submitted ideas throughout the term of the course. If they so choose, they will be actively supported by City University London staff to turn their ideas into action.
Competition Theme – Healthy Mind, Healthy Community
This year’s brief centres around mental health and its impact on society and individuals alike. The more obvious benefits include longevity, physical health, productivity, creativity, contentedness and achievement. The annual wider economic cost of mental health problems in the UK is £110 billion – a figure that is set to double over the next 20 years – but could be reduced by a greater focus on prevention.
So the question this year is as follows: what can new technologies and ways of thinking do to enhance mental health and positive well-being, for example through relaxation, creativity or purposeful community activity? How can they help promote sustainable, connected and socially-inclusive communities? Your response could involve innovations in anything from education or communication to political or business-related themes..
Please note that by entering the competition you agree for your contact details and competition entry to be shared with Wired Magazine.
Proposals must be submitted in English. Proposals are invited with a maximum of 750 words. Essays can be supported by illustration, video submission, or a presentation. Video submissions must be no longer than 3 minutes. Presentations, e.g. PowerPoint, must be no longer than 5 slides.
Please also include your CV and a statement of your eligibility. For eligibility details go to the course information page (http://www.city.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/innovation-creativity-and-leadership ) and scroll to the bottom of the page for entry requirements.
Entries should be submitted before 11 July 2012:
- by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org (No multimedia files should be sent by email, we will provide you with a link to where you can upload your multimedia files.) Please put "MICL Scholarship Competition" in the subject line.
- or by post to: Centre for Creativity, A213, College Building, City University London, Northampton Square, EC1V 0HB. Please mark envelope with "MICL Scholarship Competition" Please include your full contact details: name, address, email, phone numbers.
Once a shortlist of submissions is agreed, those on the shortlist will be contacted and asked to make a formal application to study the MICL. Only submissions from successful applicants who receive an unconditional offer to study the MICL will be presented to the Panel of Judges.
Deadline: entries will be accepted up to 11th July 2012.
Short listing will take place in the week starting the 16th July 2012.
Judging will take place in the week starting the 8th August 2012.
Announcement of winners will be made by 12th August 2012
Terms and Conditions:
- You must be elligible to study the Masters in Innovation, Creativity and Leadership to enter the competition. See the course details for elligibility info.
- The Award of the Scholarship will be dependent on the judges' view that an entry of appropriate excellence has been received and the judges' decision is final.
- No correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants.
- Your contact details will be kept by City University London and you will be updated with news about the Centre of Creativity including the MICL. For example you may be invited from time to time to taster events and professional development workshops organized by the University and any discounted places available. You can unsubscribe from this at any time.
* Please note that your eligibility statement should include details of how you meet the requirements set out above. We cannot accept submissions from applicants who do not meet the eligibility criteria.